Google Analytics Data
Whenever you hear the terms analytics and analysis, you may be somewhat confused over what the two mean or even if they have different definitions. The truth is they are two things that work together and can be extremely helpful for your business. Analytics refers to getting specific information about website traffic and other details. Analysis refers to taking that information, interpreting it, and determining how it can help you make changes for your business. Analytics and analysis together are powerful
You can find other analytics and analysis tools, but the most prominent is the one offered by Google. After all, Google has become the powerhouse of the Internet search world. According to new research, it was named as the sixth biggest name in tracking data.
Essentially, when you allow the Google Analytics tool to gather information, you can find out the following:
- Number of site visits
- Number of page views
- The bounce rate
- The average time spent on the site
- The average number of pages per visit
- The percentage of new visits
This isn’t the only information the analytics and analysis can provide you either. It can also offer referral traffic, direct website visits, banner advertising traffic, e-mail marketing traffic, and traffic drawn in from marketing campaigns.
When you run an online business, it is vital that you get data about your company, including how many people are coming to your website and what they are doing while on its pages. That’s all important information and it will point you in the right direction in order to build your business. After all, your company absolutely must compete with other online businesses, and if you aren’t, then you could be missing out on either building your company or maintaining it in the face of competition.
Once you have data about your website and your online presence, then you can move on to actually interpreting it. That’s because data analytics and analysis will help you determine what paths you need to take in order to build your business. Here are some of the ways you can analyze the data:
- You can determine which ad campaigns are bringing in traffic and which ones are failing you or simply not worth the money.
- You can find out where the visitors to your websites are located. This will help you find out ways you could change your advertising or product options to suit those people.
- You can get an idea of what people click on the most. This is important because you already know what people are interested in or what you have posted that is piquing their interest.
- You can find out how long people stay on your site. If they are clicking through pages very quickly, this would let you know you need to change things up to further get their attention.
- You can figure out what content is making the biggest difference and which pieces of content are underperforming. This will help you determine how you need to alter your content and reach more people.
- You can pinpoint the pages that are performing the worst. This way, you can find your weak points and then improve them.
One of the best things you can do in order to build your business up and make sure it stands out among the competition will be to use analytics and then use analysis skills in order to determine what is working, what isn’t, what needs to be changed, and what doesn’t. Just learning these small details can make a big difference in the type of attention your company is getting online. As an online business owner, you absolutely must use this analytics and analysis information if you want to be successful.